- June 22, 2005 at 6:19 pm #1256
is bioinformatics good career choise? are there lots of job opportunities in this career? is it demanding field in U.S.? can we get the high paying salary jobs, eaisly, secure ….
pl…..tell me some advantages of choosing career in bioinformatics.
- June 22, 2005 at 10:39 pm #25308JamesParticipant
Hey, good site:
- June 23, 2005 at 7:25 pm #25388quote James:
thanks james …..that was just awesome…… 😛
- June 27, 2005 at 4:27 am #25530
- July 3, 2005 at 4:49 pm #25979quote cyberpostdoc:
juat awesome…………….thanks cyber 😛
- September 14, 2005 at 2:29 pm #29505FreedomParticipant
If you like Bioinformatics then I say go for it, my friend has recently finished her phD in Bioinformatics and she is in huge demand, especially by companies and research teams in Europe, I don’t know about america. She says the world is screaming out for new bioinformatics graduates.
- October 7, 2005 at 7:29 pm #30609hurlyParticipant
Let’s not forget that your friend has a ph.D. degree. With that kind of education level, I think it’s easy to get a job…
It’s more difficult if you only have a bachelor or master
- October 8, 2005 at 12:21 am #30619Chris4Participantquote hurly:
It does help. but it depends what its on and what university its from. It really helps if you get a pHd from a good uni.
- October 9, 2005 at 4:52 pm #30680MrMisteryParticipant
Agreed. And if you have a PhD in paleontology i think it will be hard to find a job. Even if it is from Harvard
- December 21, 2005 at 5:36 am #35318xchromosomeParticipant
In china,bioinformatics, i think it will be easy to find a job.if you can do programme(eg.bioperl) or computational biology and you have backgound of biology.no matter what is a bachelor or master or phD.but it’s not a high paying salary jobs look like Europe or USA.but it’s in china.
- January 5, 2006 at 8:34 am #36227biodeenParticipant
U know one thing where the knowledge is theres the oppurtunites lies.
Am doing post graduate in bioinformatics. but i hope i can suggest u some companies are seeking bioinformatian for there research work.And some software companies is also seeking bioinformatian who ar well in progamming.
- January 27, 2006 at 3:03 pm #38654aparnaParticipant
hi iam aparna
i completed my PG in bioinformatics in the 2004 & iam interested in doing job related to it, but i dont have much knowledge on computer based studies & i think it is nessary in bioinfo jobs.so i just want to know what r the computer languages to be learnt & also tools for bioinfo jobs?
AND also what r the companics prefaring jobs in this field in U.S?
please give a suggestion to me
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.