- November 17, 2005 at 9:43 pm #2565
- November 18, 2005 at 12:41 pm #33040biostudent84Participant
That’s kind of neat! Thanks everyone!
- November 19, 2005 at 10:51 am #33082
That’s a great certificate… 😀 it’s for us… 😀
- November 19, 2005 at 10:53 am #33083NavinParticipant
What does it mean?
- November 19, 2005 at 5:28 pm #33099
- November 20, 2005 at 4:55 pm #33119
looks good. 😀
- November 21, 2005 at 11:11 am #33161
Hey, who’re those 7 people?? 😆
- November 21, 2005 at 8:00 pm #33186
The most active folders are b_d_numbers and Zachthemach. I am also among the less active ones…
PS: Please Join! We, at all our active members, could be no1 team!!!
- November 21, 2005 at 8:53 pm #33189
Am not so active too. I think that’s because of our connections. (especially you, Andrew, with your dial-up. 😆 ) And I don’t use the computer for long hours in the day.
And yes, please join. It does nothing to your computer. You go on doing your job and it does its job. nothing more. 🙂
- November 22, 2005 at 1:11 pm #33237baikuzaParticipant
hei, if we get folded more can we get another certificate?(i m wondering)
- November 23, 2005 at 11:58 am #33304
I’d love to but can you tell me how to join? because I always get online to here via internet cafe, I don’t have my own PC.. 🙁
- November 23, 2005 at 1:17 pm #33317chicoguardianParticipant
do we have to be a specific age to join this team?
- November 23, 2005 at 6:25 pm #33332
Sorry, unless you have permission to install a screensaver on the computer with internet access, you can’t do it.
No, you just need a computer with internet access, and the owner’s permission to use it of course.
- November 24, 2005 at 12:08 pm #33416MjhavokParticipant
What does joining entail exactly?
- November 24, 2005 at 4:12 pm #33432
You simply install a screensaver type software and it does calculations when you’re not using the computer. It then sends the calculation results back to the server.
- December 13, 2005 at 11:57 am #34882FreedomParticipant
I used to do this, but my folding program has stopped working, all I get now is a white screen?
- December 14, 2005 at 12:51 pm #34928chicoguardianParticipant
ill think about this then
- December 14, 2005 at 8:09 pm #34975
- December 27, 2005 at 1:38 pm #35664galexParticipant
Interesting! I wonder how that was coded 🙂
I like programing and i created a small application you can use to keep notes http://www.sunnynotes.com. It is FREE for this period and I use it to keep my notes.
I would interested if anyone else around here has some programming skils we can use for the http://folding.stanford.edu/ project.
- December 27, 2005 at 2:39 pm #35668cookieParticipant
هستند — یا به عبارتی “ماشینهای ریز”. قبل از اینکه پروتئین ها اعمال بیوشیمیایی خود را انجام دهند، باید خود را سرهم نموده و یا دچار “تاخوردگی” شوند. با وجود نقش اصلی و اساسی در زیست شناسی، روند تاخوردگی پروتئین ها به صورت یک راز باقی مانده است. بنابراین جای تعجب نیست زمانیکه پروتئین ها به طور صحیح تا نمی خورند (بدتاخوردن)، سبب ایجاد اثرات جدی شامل بسیاری از بیماری های آشنا مثل آلزایمر، جنون گاوی، و پارکینسون می گردند.
How come it looks like this ???
- December 31, 2005 at 1:44 am #35884
you clicked on the persian language preference?
- December 31, 2005 at 3:09 am #35888Jessieh04Participant
i read over the site, but i am not sure that I understand how this works. What kind of information is generated from us having the screensaver and how is it used?
- December 31, 2005 at 3:35 am #35890
It’s the same process as the global warming one and the more famous [email protected] Basically, there are many configurations of protein foldings and to calculate all the orientations, they need our computers. Each computer while running the screensaver is calculating the different orientations. The finished calcluations are sent back to the main server.
- January 5, 2006 at 12:27 pm #36255
Um, I wanna ask a thing..what is the meaning of getting the certificate paper from Stanford university for biology-online??
- January 5, 2006 at 10:00 pm #36292
id join if i knew how! i go on this site every day and post replies
- January 5, 2006 at 10:05 pm #36295
- January 6, 2006 at 9:23 pm #36384
yeah. i have internet access at school and i go to this website every day
- January 6, 2006 at 9:26 pm #36387
well you have to have permision to install the program on the computer at school in order to join
- January 8, 2006 at 7:42 pm #36598quote MrMistery:
credeam ca se aplica doar in romania chestia cu profesorii :p
my eyes were atracted to the name of my country so hello people whoever you are and it’s nice to see U stil have things to learn and questions to ask .
To my complete surprise I realised in my entir university how little we have been thought and how suprficial therefore here I am on the internet trying to somehow complete my knowledge lost by the early death of my 2 from my 4 neurons :p .
Hopefully I will be ableto drop more often if I can remember the site’s name that is ….. hehe
- January 9, 2006 at 8:09 pm #36676
what year are you? Where are you studying?
I like it, more and more romanians are joining
- January 9, 2006 at 9:33 pm #36692
are you talking to me?
- January 10, 2006 at 2:40 pm #36757quote MrMistery:
I have already finished and yet I feel as stupid as the day I entered uni …… gives U something to think about huh ?
I have studied biochemistry to answer Ur question .
- January 10, 2006 at 8:10 pm #36785
- January 11, 2006 at 9:46 am #36840
well I have studied a lil of both although all knowledge started to be a bit blure ( I think this is the word ) because we don’t have teh proper time to sit and let the info settle therefore U pass from one subject to the other without having time to realise what have U actually learned .The only solution is to sit and from time to time re-read what U have done in that semester thing I never did and now I regret it from time to time .
The biology university has in its program the subjects u are interested in . U will study genetics , molecular biology and cell biology and also anatomy , imunology , virology , analitical chemistry , organic chemistry (highschool level and above) .
I wanted to stay longer for a masterate unfortunatelly I have had a change in plans and I had to cancel the thought and now since i don’t time to check nor exercise what I learned makes me realise how much I forget everyday .
Du-te pe site-ul Facultatii de biologie bucuresti si o sa gasesti programa acolo si o sa vezi acolo tot ce te intereseaza insa dc acelea 2 sunt subiectele care te pasioneaza atunci facultatea asta e solutia . Alternativele sunt medicina ( ma bucur acum ca nu m-am dus acolo ) sau chimia ( unde am fost 2 ani si nu ti-o recomand sub nici o forma ) . Daca insa poti sa te tii de treaba si sa inveti cand si cum trebuie Fac de biologie o faci mai mult au mai putin fluierand . Eu de ex sunt de nivel mediocru din cauza memoriei mele care nu ma prea ajuta si totusi am avut note de la 7-8 in sus cu ocazionale note de 10 la ce m-a interesat si la ce am avut noroc in acelasi timp 😉
- January 11, 2006 at 6:34 pm #36872
Thanks for the info and the advice. However, i plan to study abroad.
PS: do not post in romanian in the forum as it is not fair towards the others that don’t know the language. If you wish to talk send a pm 😉
- January 11, 2006 at 9:29 pm #36881
okie dokie . Got that as I have the same request being admin as well but on a different site . 🙂
Hope for me to come a lot more around with new and acurate info as well …. God help us all in that case :p . Hehe
- February 17, 2006 at 1:10 am #41104JwrightParticipant
lol cause if its all juniors and seniors im out 🙂
- February 19, 2006 at 4:23 pm #41279twaritaParticipant
hello people out thr..
im too a newbie.
completed graduation in biotechnology from india(INDIA). 😀
- March 14, 2006 at 9:57 am #43236AstusAleatorParticipant
I just noticed that yesterday set the record for the most users on the site at the same time, 310. That’s pretty cool.
- June 4, 2006 at 5:27 pm #49478StalkerxParticipant
that is really cool that you guys worked together and acheived so much conngrats.
- June 28, 2006 at 3:28 am #50660[email protected]Participant
Hmm Interesting!! Dern, the thing says my message is too short to be posted. I wonder if it’s long enough now!
- July 1, 2006 at 1:44 pm #50857suryaParticipant
hey Alex,u r the one who informed me abt this too,but i wont tell any one:)
- July 18, 2006 at 7:54 am #51707loveangelParticipant
how can we join???? and whats that certificate for??? but thanks a lot.. is it for all of us??? 😉
- September 6, 2006 at 8:19 am #54392vodkaParticipant
what does ita actually mean
- September 28, 2006 at 10:30 pm #55601
see first post in thread
- March 23, 2007 at 12:45 am #70424alwaleedParticipant
thank you mr. mith
thank you mr. mith
thank you mr. mith
- May 12, 2007 at 8:26 am #72580starsunyumeiParticipant
That’s kind of neat! Thanks everyone!
- May 17, 2007 at 1:32 pm #72798go6oParticipant
My opinion is the same!
- May 27, 2007 at 4:47 am #73189geonyzlParticipant
I don’t know what is this. Who can orient me ? 🙂 It’s been a long time that I haven’t joined in this forum.
- June 12, 2007 at 5:49 am #73712dr. dugmoreParticipant
i dont know what this term "folding at home" means eaither? care to elaborate for us?
- June 12, 2007 at 1:46 pm #73740
- February 8, 2011 at 1:50 pm #103446dichremyParticipant
ok..i see it,,
- August 11, 2012 at 8:08 am #112067Lucky078Participant
very useful,look nice.
- February 28, 2018 at 5:26 am #116349priya01Participant
Looks awesome 🙂
- May 13, 2019 at 8:06 am #116420stephannieParticipant
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.