1. Does ‘interbreed’ mean in two different species, they interbreed? or in one species, they interbreed?
2. Does ‘inbreed’ mean in one species, and in the same family, they inbreed?
3. It is only germ mutations which affect sex cells that are passed on to future generation. What is a ‘germ’ mutation?
Thanks for help.
1. 2 species/sub-species interbreed, yes.
3. Only germ-line mutations (of sex cells/gametes) have any chance of being passed onto progeny. A ‘point’ mutation happens in somatic cells, a skin cell for example. These clearly will not go to sucessive generations.