- May 21, 2007 at 4:16 am #7685
hey all, if anyone has any information about glofish, please give me links.
I need as much info as possible for an assignment. Any help would be appreciated.
- May 21, 2007 at 4:21 am #72911david23Participant
someone else on this forum is already attempting to purchase equipments to make his own line of glofishes. By glofish you mean the artificial ones right?
The genes that make them glow are GFP, CFP, YFP. green, cyan, and yellow fluorescent proteins. I think they are kind of expensive to purchase right?
- May 21, 2007 at 9:19 am #72928mehdi71000Participant
yeb $90 fo 10ul, thats like 1/5 of a drop.
and i dont think glow fish can sleep eather 😀
- May 21, 2007 at 7:39 pm #72954KhaiyParticipant
Haha, I don’t think that they sleep. But I’d like to have some glofish myself…
- May 24, 2007 at 11:25 am #73107
thanks for that, would u have any links to some information reagrding its creation, like pedigree trees,Struture of the DNA
2. Protein synthesis
4. Recombinant DNA (how geneitc modification was achieved)
5. Monohybrid and Dihybrid crosses
6. Pedigree trees and Test Crosses
if any information is found on any of those topics, it would be highly appreciated, chhers
- May 25, 2007 at 2:25 pm #73149david23Participant
the GFP gene falls under I guess autosomal, and I guess dominant obviously. Your questions have very little to do with their glowing abilities.
- May 28, 2007 at 7:32 am #73229
yeh mate, the questions are actually about the glofish itself and not only the glowing capabilities. I need those few questions answered to get the whole thing about glofish, if u have any links, it would be highly apppreciated.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.