- December 7, 2004 at 6:01 am #224biostudent84Participant
Do you think we might be able to get an IRC channel going sometime? It might be easier to get some bio discussions going on it =)
- December 14, 2004 at 5:07 am #18744AntjeParticipant
You could try to get more members by using chats and more search help
- December 24, 2004 at 6:45 am #18903CyranianParticipant
Yeah, make chats and allow for the creation of private chats so that there wouldn’t be a gizillion users in one room, which could turn into one big disaster.
- March 2, 2005 at 9:53 pm #19985Sinead RyanParticipant
Yeah thats a good idea…..make the site more interactive! Plus give the oppertunity to get faster replies to some queries.
- March 3, 2005 at 4:17 pm #19996PoisonParticipant
I dont know if this is possible; but what about having a chat section in biology-online?
- March 3, 2005 at 4:25 pm #19997JamesParticipant
Good idea, I was wondering if there is a reason why there is no general chat?
- March 3, 2005 at 8:36 pm #20003mithParticipant
seems like it would be easier than connecting to irc
- April 16, 2005 at 3:30 am #21428EmmVeePeeParticipant
You can set up a Java script that you can download for free that connects to the server/channel that you set. So Where it says Forum and Tutorials, you can squeeze a button that says “Chat” that takes you right to the chat.
There is probably a plugin for phpBB or whatever you’re using.
Just makea channel on irc.efnet.net #Biology-Online … or something =)
- April 19, 2005 at 7:17 am #21509
- April 26, 2005 at 3:28 pm #21718zami’87.Participant
Couldn’t wait! 😀 Love chat! 😀 😀 😀
- June 20, 2005 at 12:10 am #25081EmmVeePeeParticipant
Any update on this?
- June 20, 2005 at 12:18 pm #25091biostudent84Participantquote EmmVeePee:
Do what cytochromeP said 🙂 That is where we unofficially chat at.
- July 11, 2011 at 2:58 pm #105536bellyjellyParticipant
Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is a form of real-time Internet text messaging (chat) or synchronous conferencing.] It is mainly designed for group communication in discussion forums, called channels,but also allows one-to-one communication via private message as well as chat and data transfer, including file sharing.
- July 12, 2011 at 5:16 pm #105581canalonParticipant
Your point being?
- June 29, 2012 at 9:43 pm #111729david23Participant
You guys think a chat service that is used primarily by internet questionable people, pirates and political groups is suitable here? Once a chat room is made other people can come in too. Since this forums is based off a phpbb script the owner of the site I dont know who that is can look into one of the phpbb addons that has chats. At least that way the service stays on this server as opposed to some other untrustworthy place
- The forum ‘Site Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.