- October 22, 2013 at 1:38 am #17592NinthprinceParticipant
I got a bunch of questions on Metabolic process on which I’m still currently working on there some questions in here that I wasn’t successful with. I tried asking for reddit for help and I feel I have exhausted my options would be awesome if you guys could give me a hand.
18.What is the relationship between the numerical value of the wavelength of light and energy?
24.How can knowledge of atomic structure help you understand metabolic reactions ( refer to photosynthesis ETC ) Explain your answer, using examples.
25.Some commercial greenhouses use propane burners to enrich the air with carbon dioxide. a) Comment on this practice in terms of photosynthesis. b) Comment on the effect of this practice on the environment.
26.Explain why herbicides have such a deadly effect on green plants.
27.Desert plants use CAM carbon fixation, in which carbon dioxide uptake occurs during the night. The carbon is then fixed for use in the daylight hours, when photosynthesis occurs. Hypothesize why desert plants take in carbon dioxide during the night.
30.Focus on the anatomy of leaves carrying out C3, C4, and CAM cycles
- October 22, 2013 at 8:50 am #114614JackBeanParticipant
18. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromag … e_spectrum
24. that’s quite stupid question
25 a) increase of photosynthesis rate
b) I guess they want to hear they increase the greenhouse effect
26. because they are HERB-i-CIDE-s? So their name suggests they *kill* plants? However, the effects can be different
27. do you know what temperature there is in desert during day? What happens with water during such temperatures? Why do not "normal" plants survive on desert?
30. go on, focus!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.