- December 5, 2012 at 9:12 am #17116elynnParticipant
I have a problem with my PCR. Its not consistent. Sometimes i got bands on my gel and sometimes i don’t get bands. however the mixture and pcr protocol is the same. I hv check my DNA and primers and they’re in good conditions. Is it normal to have this kind of problem? Can anyone suggest some solutions?
- January 4, 2013 at 12:30 pm #113327emadsadeghianParticipant
have u tried adding dmso?
- May 4, 2013 at 2:16 pm #113771gislab03Participant
Do you include positive control for every run and does the positive control give appropriate band? And agarose gel is also important in visualising the results. You should use freshly prepared agarose and ethidium bromide solution.
- June 18, 2013 at 4:59 pm #113966cathbrParticipant
What about the template that you are using? what is it? genomic DNA, plasmid,…? Are you sure that you are always using the same concentration and that the template quality is good and not degraded? and what kind of enzyme do you use?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.