I don’t post on any medical boards, so I’m hoping to find someone here that can help, sorry!
For the past 4-5 days I’ve have a dry, nonproductive cough (not coughing up waste). I don’t have a fever and I don’t feel sick at all, not tired or fatigued anymore than usual. Anyway, it’s getting more persistant and violent by the day.
Should I do anything about this? See a doctor or let it run it’s route?
What might it be? I’m 18 years old, and I live in NE Philadelphia.
I wasn’t sure whether to post this here or in microbiology, so please move it if it’s in the wrong forum (sorry!)
I ran a quick search on a medical website I frequent. All it said was that it is possible you are suffering from Asbestos poisoning. But since you are 18, I doubt you would have been working in an enviornment where you would be exposed to it enough to develop problems.
It is spring time. Maybe you simply have allergies?
I’ve never had any allergies before in my life. Tree pollen is really high around here, but it’s never affected me before in my life.
I go to public high school, but I think their asbestos levels are relatively low 😉 My dad owns several shopping centers, he just purchased a new one last year. We had to paint the back of it with Dryvec or something… a thick paint with concrete used to stop water from soaking into the cinder block. The reason why I mention this is because I get sunburn easily (too much time spent on howstuffworks.com and http://www.pbnation.com ). I put sunblock on, but that didn’t last long at all (SPF 65!), so I had to sit in one of the empty buildings for about an hour until I cooled off, and even then I sat in the shade outside. I may have to ask my dad about it.
I think I’ll let it go for 2 more days, if it gets worse, I’ll go to the Doc on Monday.