Pressure-activated box

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    • #18220

      I’m not a biologist, I’m an urban planner who rescues cats. But I’m looking for a piece of equipment that may or may not exist, and the only place I can think of to ask is among animal behavioral researchers.

      I’m looking for a box that remains closed unless an animal of a certain minimum weight steps on a pressure plate to open it. The box would need to be big enough to hold a bowl of food with enough room for a cat to eat comfortably out of it. The purpose would be to provide food for outdoor cats during the day, while keeping out squirrels.

      Does anything like this exist? What would it be called, and would a non-animal-researcher be able to buy one? I’ve tried googling every related phrase I can think of, but all I keep finding are Minecraft links. Any help would be appreciated! 🙂

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.