May 19, 2011 at 12:28 pm #14980
If there is anyone that can help answer the following questions i sure would appreciate it.
1. The nucleotide sequence of DNA codon is CAT. What is the complementary codon in the messenger RNA?
2. Dr Smiths parents have normal hearing. However, Dr. Smith has an inherited form of deafness. Deafness is a recessive trait that is associated with the abnormal allele d. The normal allele at this locus, associated with normal hearing, is D. What genotypes xould Dr Smiths parents have?
3. Which of the following statements regarding genotypes and phenotypes is false?
The genetic makeup of an organism constitutes its genotype.
An organism with two different alleles for a single trait is said to be heterozygous for that trait.
Alleles are alternate forms of a gene.
An allele that is fully expressed is referred to as recessive.
The expressed physical traits of an organism are called its phenotype.
4. If A is dominant to a and B is dominant to b, what is the expected phenotypic ratio of the cross; AaBbxAaBb.
5. How do nucleotide sequences of junk DNA evolve?
6. What conditions would make the Hardy- Weinberg equation more accurate for preictiong the genotype frequencies of future generations in a population of a sexually reproducing species.?
May 19, 2011 at 2:42 pm #104961robsabbaParticipant
You want us to do your homework for you? How about you figure out the answers on your own, and then ask us a question if there were any you couldn’t figure out. Sheeesh!
May 19, 2011 at 3:50 pm #104965angel92Participant
May 19, 2011 at 9:36 pm #104968
There are 50 questions and these are the ones i cannot work out. This is a last resort how else would i have found this site
May 19, 2011 at 9:47 pm #104969canalonParticipant
I sure believe that. Anyway:
1- If you have understood how RNA is synthesized, there should not be a problem. If not, you should *really* go back to your notes.
2- You have all the information. What are the possible genotypes of the parents? What would be the outcome (make punnet squares if necessary) of the different possibility? Which is the only possible solution?
3- Basic definitions of either phenotype and genotype, or the word used in the question (heterozygote). Read the definitions. There is even a dictionary on this site.
4- Punnet square.
May 19, 2011 at 9:59 pm #104970
thankyou you have been helpful.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.