- December 26, 2012 at 3:35 am #17161bravebeakerParticipant
I have a question and I would like you to help me figure it out.
Sometimes we read about solution contents for example the enzyme solution used in protoplast isolation, well in the paper its written like this
20 mM MES
0.4 M mannitol
20 mM KCl
10 mM CaCl2
1.5% Cellulase and so on…
I know how to prepare each stock solution individually but how can I translate all these molarites and percentages into one volume to work with? lets say I need 10 ml of this enzyme solution with the mentioned contents.
Thank you very much for your help.
- December 30, 2012 at 10:12 pm #113315JackBeanParticipant
just put everything into one beaker
- January 9, 2013 at 7:22 am #113352bravebeakerParticipant
Well Jack bean… I was waiting with anticipation for your reply actually but not kind of that reply.. very elaborative 😛 but thanks anyways 😀
- January 9, 2013 at 9:42 am #113353JackBeanParticipant
just weight all chemicals, put them into one beaker and let dissolve. That’s how you make buffers.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.