- December 29, 2006 at 7:38 pm #6653TheIntelligentDesignerParticipant
I have always wondered what came first, the chicken or the egg. I believe that since organisms evolved from being unicellular to multicellular and began to perform meiosis and not mitosis as the form of their of reproduction and evolved millions of years, the chicken and the egg is not a question of which came first, but it is merely talking about a relatively recent generation. If you can start back at a single organism, you can imagine the evolution. A single celled organism turns into a marine dwelling multicellular organism. That marine organism turns into a land living organism, and slowly, over millions of years, that land organism species slowly evolves into a bird, and then specifically into a chicken that lays eggs. And I don’t believe that I am far off, because all organisms under the Kingdom Animalia reproduce with some kind of egg. That is my point of view, I am open to anyone elses opinion.
- December 30, 2006 at 12:01 am #64244Condraz23Participant
I believe that the egg came first.
- December 30, 2006 at 1:33 am #64258
- December 30, 2006 at 3:44 am #64271
Omne vivum ex ovo —> chicken comes from egg
Omne ovum ex vivo —> egg comes from chicken
Omne vivum ex vivo —> chicken comes from its mother
Living thing comes from simple thing —> growing
Simple thing then can be complex thing —> differentiation
Complex thing cannot be simple thing —> degeneration
- December 30, 2006 at 4:28 am #64277
If the egg came first, who sat on it?
- December 30, 2006 at 4:35 am #64278
Linn, Gallus evolved from primitive species x of chicken….. so it was neccesary to mate x-species
with each other….. then some mutations occured in zygote….. Egg got layed….. x-species mother sat on it…. hatched….. then gallus species came into existance…… simple…
so Egg first….
- December 30, 2006 at 4:41 am #64281
OK, that really confused me 😕 😆 😆
- December 30, 2006 at 4:52 am #64284
That simply as man evolved from monkey….. fertilised zygote is needed
Chiken evolved from x-chicken……. and egg is needed.
Hope you ll understand …. that was simplest explaination for me…….
- December 30, 2006 at 6:55 am #64294
WHO said we evolved from monkey??????????????? NO WAY!!!! 😈 We are not even derived from ape, moreover from monkey or lemur…. that’s disgusting!!!! 👿 😆
- December 30, 2006 at 6:05 pm #64308quote Dr.Stein:
Fit…. 😮 ….. I know that our race is different and have seperated from pongides at the stage of Ramapithecus…… I was just explaining that to a person who is finding that difficult to understand; so I’ve used simple way for that…Ok ❓ 😆
- December 30, 2006 at 7:26 pm #64310quote Linn:
Ever hear of the cuckoo bird?
- December 31, 2006 at 4:01 am #64340
The egg came first, I have read from a book stating that egg came first before the chicken.
- December 31, 2006 at 1:30 pm #64361quote destiny:
You are right Desty……. 😛
- December 31, 2006 at 4:56 pm #64364
If anyone bothered to search the forum, you’ll find we had a similar answer….
- December 31, 2006 at 5:44 pm #64370EnzymeParticipantquote Dr.Stein:
Hee hee, totally in agree :D.
- January 1, 2007 at 1:07 am #64374TheIntelligentDesignerParticipant
Anymore scientific reasonings? Because all I’m seeing is philosophy.
- January 1, 2007 at 5:03 pm #64418jimmystangParticipant
um, in case this hasn’t been clarified, but overwhelming evidence does point to the egg coming first.
genetic material cannot change during an animal’s life.
therefore, the first ancestor of the chicken had to have evolved into the "true chicken" as a zygote/embryo, NOT as an adult.
so, because the organism inside the eggshell does NOT change when it hatches, the first real chicken had to have been in an egg.
- January 2, 2007 at 12:42 pm #64456
The best thing is asking to the chicken 😕
- January 2, 2007 at 5:11 pm #64469quote Dr.Stein:
Nice idea 💡 lets go…. 😮
Me to chicken: cock..kocks..kokkk…cokok…kokokokok….?
chicken to me: Ckorocor…..cocko….ckockoko..
She said "Egg"… 😛
- January 3, 2007 at 9:23 am #64532
When I asked to my chicken, he answered: "ciip ciip ciiiip pak pak paaaak…", which means: "It’s none of your business!!" OMG! Bad chicken I have 🙄 😆
- January 3, 2007 at 9:54 am #64538quote sachin_at_biog:
- January 3, 2007 at 5:13 pm #64561quote Dr.Stein:
That means I was not wrong 😮 .. but You ve problem with your chicken. 😆 …
- January 4, 2007 at 10:13 am #64596quote sachin_at_biog:
Haha…Chicken got problem? How about bringing the chicken to see a doctor perhaps? 😆
- January 8, 2007 at 10:40 am #65070
The chicken already seen the doctor: Dr.Stein 😈
- January 8, 2007 at 7:37 pm #65118quote Dr.Stein:
That means she is suffering from DOCTORPHOBIA…. 😆 😯
- January 9, 2007 at 5:21 am #65245
To be precise: Steinophobia 😆 😆
Steinophobia, OMG I love this term 😀 😉 Someone will write about it for Wikipedia? 😆
- January 9, 2007 at 1:56 pm #65310
- January 17, 2007 at 9:28 am #67038
Back to the original theme: I think the chicken came first. The cells evolved….etc
The egg came only when the chicken was already there…..for who would have produced the egg if not ?
- January 17, 2007 at 9:56 am #67040
Ok but how we have chicken for the first time if not from egg? 😉
- January 17, 2007 at 2:56 pm #67065quote Dr.Stein:
Hey; Doc this would create chaose again…
Just tell them elaborately now…. 🙂
Evolution of any organism in to higher type is not seen in same generation, variations are observed in next or preceding generations.These variations can be due to interspecific mating or mutation in organisms that might have occured in earlier generation and it reflects in next or preceding generations.
Same way Hen might have evolved from its ancestor species due to mating with another species or by mutation…. And the eggs carrying variation had been layed by the ancestoral species female…. Then in hundreds of eggs Female(hen) had born that layed eggs of it’s own species different from the ancestoral one by mating with Cock(Male) of her new species and poduced more species members….these members were potentialy viable to suit environmental conditions and survived..and populated…
It was the whole story……And thus Hen came from Egg….. So egg first.. 😛
- January 18, 2007 at 9:35 am #67195
- January 18, 2007 at 5:05 pm #67228quote Dr.Stein:
What Objection Doc… 😕
- January 19, 2007 at 10:05 am #67297
Yes objection !!!!
The chicken came first because how can the egg have been built then before???
- January 21, 2007 at 2:13 am #67820Doc44Participant
came from a reptilian egg.
mutations are passed on and adaptations are not.
bet Archyopterx’s father was ticked…"He don’t look a thing like me."
- January 21, 2007 at 4:07 am #67822
- January 21, 2007 at 4:04 pm #67830quote Dustfinger:
Read my post again…….. I dont want to tell whole answer again…… 😕quote :
- January 21, 2007 at 4:05 pm #67831quote Doc44:
Im Sure…….. Not from Reptiles…. 🙄
- January 29, 2007 at 2:00 pm #68296
Yeah but so where did the ancestor species come from then, according for you ? Has it got a beginning or was it just there ?
- January 30, 2007 at 3:59 am #68314
When did the egg "adapt" so as to need to be incubated??? 😕 😕
- March 22, 2007 at 11:54 pm #70420ahm_k1Participant
I think chicken first as if you look at it scientifically :
you ll know that a parent first
if you read in any sacred book you ll know that too..
because fist of all the begining of the whole creature was a-couple of every species then reproduct then the mutation occur , different apperence , then hybridization ……etc
and so on so chicken first 😀
- April 13, 2007 at 12:23 pm #71128avinash kumar singhParticipant
every thing on this earth has evolved as result of organic evolution. hence its quite clear that first chicken must have evolved from some organism in the evolotional hierarchy of birds.
- May 7, 2007 at 10:46 am #72247david23Participant
so many theories, not bad though. But pretty much depends on which genes came first, or got incorporated into the chicken genome first. The genes responsible for making an egg shell or some other genes. The tree of life project is pretty useful to answer these questions.
- May 15, 2007 at 12:08 am #72702dr. dugmoreParticipant
eggs rule and will take over the earth!!!!
- June 16, 2007 at 4:34 am #73848MichaelXYParticipant
The answer is simple. The supermarket came first, and came up with those handy cartons to carry them in. 😆
- June 16, 2007 at 6:43 pm #73877david23Participant
LOL very nice, the supermarket invented the cartons, the cartons produced the eggs in order for the supermarket to make more cartons. Therefore, the cartoon specifies can live on. Excellent idea hahaha.
- June 20, 2007 at 5:00 pm #74046
One thing I want to clearify that "chickens egg" came second that means "chicken" came first.
But the egg from which first hen came was layed by it’s ancestor so the "egg" came first.
Bit confusing….. 🙁 😕
- July 16, 2007 at 5:28 am #74611derek edingtonParticipant
- August 8, 2007 at 12:37 pm #75069opuntiaParticipant
😀 😆 between chicken and egg? well, whatever you order will come first 😉
- August 16, 2007 at 11:28 pm #75241AstusAleatorParticipant
Such a simple question with a simple answer.
There were egg-laying species around long before what we identify as a modern chicken existed. They weren’t all birds either…
Therefore… the egg existed long before the chicken.
- October 16, 2007 at 11:16 am #76932
Well, any egg for sure. But a chicken’s egg didn’t exist before the chicken existed ! Coz the species evolved out of quite a few cells at first before they became multicellular, and with this came the chicken and after that surely the egg.
- February 24, 2008 at 2:30 pm #82180sunil124Participant
i think that all cell coming together and then it fused and hen is comes then reproduce and egg willl comeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
- March 7, 2008 at 6:42 pm #82580CatParticipant
Depends on how you define "chicken egg". Does is have to look like chicken egg does now, or is it a chicken egg if the chicken comes out of it, or did chicken had to lay it?
Anyways, I am for the egg: different breeds of chickens have different looking eggs, so however different the first egg to produce chicken looked like I would still call it chicken egg. And anyone that thinks that chicken came first, needs to clarify what is a "chicken", since I am sure 1st one did not look exactly like common variety of today.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.