- April 13, 2005 at 1:59 pm #709
This is my first post on this site, what do i need to get into universtiy? To do zoology, what places would you recommend for this course as well?
Thanks Karl 🙂
- April 13, 2005 at 2:10 pm #21353biostudent84Participant
As much of science and math as you can possibly do 🙂
- April 13, 2005 at 2:12 pm #21354
Im studying biology and physics at the moment 😀
- April 19, 2005 at 6:09 am #21504abstemious_entityParticipantquote :
particularly chemistry (aside from biology related)
- April 19, 2005 at 8:18 am #21510
I have gcse chemistry, physics and biology.
- April 19, 2005 at 2:29 pm #21515JamesParticipantquote :
Are you from the UK? If so, do you mean A level biology and physics, if yes, then it would be a good idea to get at least an AS in chemistry. Otherwise, (for a good uni) it is important to get an A in biology. Also, 3 A levels is generally the minimum required.
- May 2, 2005 at 8:58 am #21973mars44429Participant
hi – i’m in 4th year at my school and i wondered if you guys can help me. i want 2 study zoology but im not too sure on what i need to take higher. i have choosen biology, chemistry an geography but im not too sure if i want to take chemistry now. do i need it to do zoology? please help
- May 3, 2005 at 8:18 am #21997jesParticipant
I would deffinetly advise you to take chemistry. It’s very helpfull in understanding many biological processes.
- May 3, 2005 at 10:53 am #22002biostudent84Participantquote jes:
It is also EXTREMELY fun too. Used to be my major until the mystery was gone.
- May 3, 2005 at 9:04 pm #22032PoisonParticipant
Biochemistry is better, if you have chance to take. But I think you should take chemistry. Many biological processes will be easier to understand this way.
And yes,chemistry labs are fun. 🙂
- May 4, 2005 at 6:27 pm #22060
I liked the one with exotermal chemical reactions 😈 😈
- May 7, 2005 at 12:35 am #22197InuyashaParticipant
I’m going to NYU soon. After this summer. I found taking AP tests and SAT II tests on Biology in general really help u find out where u stand. Take a local course in zoology. Most colleges offer night courses. You should be able to get in one. Write a ton of papers on subjects that u like and post and publish them online. The more u learn the better. And I can not emphasize study ethnics enought. Party all night but work all day..
- May 7, 2005 at 8:09 am #22213Canaduck_89Participant
Poison, i LOVE that poem. Invictus is like my alltime fave . Other than that….
I’m in grade ten, but i’m taking biology 11, and i love it soo much. I find it incredibly interesting. But i was wondering, is there a lot of career opertunities for a biologist, i don’t know if any of you are from Canada, but that’s where i live and i was hoping there would be something in Canada. But if not, then anywhere really.
- May 8, 2005 at 3:56 pm #22250PoisonParticipant
Our local canadian Canalon (as Kyle(biostudent84) calls 😆 ) may be able to hep you. I’m studying bio too but can not give info about Canada… If you ‘re looking for a general info I strongly advise you to have a search in the forum. 🙂
PS: I love Invictus too. That’s why I’m using it as my signature… 😉
- May 14, 2005 at 12:19 am #22491InuyashaParticipant
Well, depends. Go to a research college and there be choices plenty. There are a lot of jobs in Italy. Since Itlay is so liberal in stem cell. So learn a European language and u will be fine for a job. Or go into the city.
- October 8, 2005 at 8:58 am #30629MicaelaParticipant
I’m in 4th year and i want to know what subjects i need for zoology?
I hate chemistry so do i need that?
- October 8, 2005 at 4:45 pm #30639123HerpatologyParticipant
Yah you need chemistry, but i was wondering why math is so important in zoology? I took an aptitude test earlier in the month of september and it veiwed mathmatics as being more important than general science courses… I thought this was sort of fishy but idk maybe you guys could help me out?
- October 9, 2005 at 5:19 pm #30682
Although i wouldn’t say it is more important than general science, math is still very important because there a lot of aplications of mathematical equations in biology
- October 13, 2005 at 2:20 pm #30885JamesParticipant
There’s a lot of statistical analysis in Zoology.
- November 14, 2005 at 10:20 pm #32708laughingangelParticipant
im from New Zealand and i am taking biology,chemistry,physics at the moment and wot id like to know is maths also a big thing ????
- November 15, 2005 at 7:15 am #32731123HerpatologyParticipant
Apparently yes, math was very important according to the standardized ASVAB test (a test conducted by the U.S. Department of Defense) they said that it is more important that general science courses!
- November 15, 2005 at 8:51 pm #32807
Yes, math is required. Otherwise when you get to analising bacterial population you won’t know what logaritm is 🙂
- November 20, 2005 at 7:43 pm #33131DJParticipantquote Micaela:
You’ll need lots of chem. Both general and organic. You won’t need biochem though unless you’re a medical major.quote laughingangel:
You’ll need some type of college algebra and statistical analysis class if you want to be a zoology or biology major. If you are going to be taking physics in college also, then you will need calculus.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.