- December 13, 2006 at 5:33 pm #6544magic315Participant
Why is the presence of blood or protein in urine considered abnormal?
- December 14, 2006 at 2:07 am #62731
Because urine is a product of excretory system. Blood and protein should not be in the urine because we need them and must not excrete them out.
The presence of blood and urine as an indication of broken filtration of kidney function, to be precise in Malpighian body part.
- December 14, 2006 at 3:03 am #62737DarbyParticipant
Protein indicates filter damage – they should be too big to fit through, unless the holes are opened by damage. This often indicates an infection in the body, since "engorged" white blood cells often catch on thew filters, die, and their released digestive enzymes damage the filters.
Blood should never go through the filters, even damaged ones. Red blood cells are indications of bleeding in the urinary system. The most common cause here is kidney stones. Infections in the system that ulcerate will release RBCs, too, but then there will also be white blood cells in the urine.
- December 14, 2006 at 4:19 am #62745sachinParticipant
Proteinurea will because Many differant disease
eg. hipatitis, Yellow fever ect.
- December 14, 2006 at 4:20 am #62746biouser123Participant
But isn’t it normal for a person to have some small levels of protein during his first urine in the morning…..
- December 14, 2006 at 4:22 am #62747sachinParticipant
Yes ofcourse, there is determined threshold amount that is normally excreated out daily.
- December 14, 2006 at 4:18 pm #62789MrMisteryParticipant
nothing in biology works perfectly, a very small amount is normal. however, if the quantity increases only a little, you have a biiig problem.. and try to post in the apropiate forum please. moved
- December 21, 2006 at 12:37 pm #63546chenglorraineParticipant
why should there be blood in your urine?
- December 22, 2006 at 7:32 am #63631
Urine is made from filtered blood. If you have blood in your urine, it means that there is something wrong with the filter. Blood should not be in urine.
- December 22, 2006 at 9:02 am #63638destinyParticipantquote Dr.Stein:
So urine is made from filtered blood. I see… 🙂
- December 22, 2006 at 9:11 am #63640
Here, here, I give you a nice picture of urine production to help you understand the process 😉
- December 22, 2006 at 9:14 am #63642destinyParticipant
Thanks. That is a great info. 😀
- December 22, 2006 at 10:52 pm #63676PoisonParticipant
good picture dr. 🙂
- December 23, 2006 at 9:29 am #63730AstusAleatorParticipant
I never did quite understand the loop of henle. Would you mind describing the picture some?
I know I could do internet research, but I wanna hear it from forumers 🙂
- December 23, 2006 at 3:16 pm #63761
- January 24, 2010 at 4:59 pm #96987mummyme09Participant
hi im 23 and on the 22 on this month i when to hospital for a check up and test coz in july i had inflammions in my heart and not been to good since then my urine showen i had white blood cell and blood into could this be to do with my heart or could it be to do with my low b12 and iron i keep asking doctors and hospital why have i got all this and when can i go back to work all i get is not sure lets do more test but gotta wait months till hospital do the test so i have had to hand my job in.not good when i have 2 kids and house to run please help me
- January 25, 2010 at 3:39 pm #97005mithParticipant
You’ll probably have to wait for the results to be sure but the blood is probably a symptom of something else and not a result of the inflammation. Might have a common cause.
- July 29, 2010 at 10:15 pm #100724benice101Participant
my daughter has both blood and protein in the urine ….i beleive it was 150 (blood) and protien (1.6)or the other way around are they high levels and what would cause this.
- August 5, 2013 at 11:08 am #114143MachippaParticipant
When I went to do my medicals for my new job I was told that there was a high percentage of blood and protein in my urine. I went to my doctor a few weeks later and his tests showed the same. He has taken me off work and given me some medication to will do tests at the end of the week to see if there are any changes. I don’t feel any pain at all. What cure is there for this condition? ❓
- November 25, 2015 at 6:42 pm #115847HerbivoreParticipant
This must be quite common, I’m waiting on tests now. I don’t want to worry though.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.