- September 19, 2005 at 12:47 pm #1923VeenaandNivyahParticipant
I have something to ask. 😕 😕
There is a disease known as Lactoseintolerance where one gets allergic to milk and milk produsts. Is there a cure to this disease. Why does this actually take place in the body??
Thanks for the help. 😀 😀
- September 19, 2005 at 1:33 pm #29698iri_blackParticipant
The enzyme that splits lactose (in order to metabolise it) into glucose and galactose is called lactase, and it islocated on the surface of the cells that line the small intestine.
Lactose intolerance is caused by reduced or absent activity of lactase thatprevents the splitting of lactose (lactase deficiency).
As far as I know, there are some drugs that can help. You need to ask you doctor.
- September 19, 2005 at 6:25 pm #29714MrMisteryParticipant
I briefly knew a person that had this once. And he was very rich, so i think he would affort any drug, so i am guessing there is none. Gene therapy? 😀
- September 19, 2005 at 9:44 pm #29726mithParticipant
You could just drink non-lactose milk or go soy. I personally like soy better than milk :D.
- September 19, 2005 at 11:50 pm #29731WinterParticipant
actually, isn’t soy milk supposed to be healthier than regular milk? Especially since it is usually sold enriched with additional vitamins…
- September 20, 2005 at 7:11 pm #29777MrMisteryParticipant
It is healthier, but there are some people that do not like the taste
- September 21, 2005 at 2:29 pm #29806WinterParticipant
actually i find it much better tasting than normal milk, which i think smells funny and tastes weird. I NEVER drink regular milk (unless maybe it has chocolate in it :lol:) I am a prime candidate for osteoporosis (sp)!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.