- October 29, 2007 at 4:58 pm #8469Jessy SpringfieldParticipant
I’m looking for any and all information on Von Willebrands. Links, Treatments, Books, Information Sources, ect.
- November 17, 2007 at 12:07 pm #77909mcarParticipant
That’s quite complicated, I mean that needs research. I remember, its child-related disease.
- November 17, 2007 at 10:40 pm #77960RevengedParticipantquote Jessy Springfield:
vWF (von willebrand factor) allows platelets to bind to damaged epithelial tissue…
the disease is caused by deficient or deffective vWF protein…
this means platelets are less able to bind to damaged epithelia and so it is harder for the blood to clot…
it is a inherited genetic condition… it is not uncommon…
- December 19, 2007 at 11:48 pm #79839Jessy SpringfieldParticipantquote Revenged:
Thank you for the info.
- December 20, 2007 at 8:08 pm #79872
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.